Maho Morning

-->



It was okay in the morning post roach. More than okay.  I awoke to the sound of light rain and darkness and it felt so safe in my little dry hut that I happily rolled over and went back to sleep.  I woke in the sunlight with my little bedroom curtains flowing in the breeze and hearing the sound of the waves from the bay.  I sat up and looked around at the lush green trees around me swaying.  I saw the blue and white sky and  gazed out at the openness, I lost count of the butterflies swarming around me.  In spite of the bug phobia, I still had my limbs and no infestations under my pillow.  My geiko friend was still around, very close to my pillow and I looked more closely at it and after a night of sleep I noticed the beauty of this little creature from the Geico commercial.  Harmless and eyeing this big human that entered it’s home. Little green eyes staring me down.

There is no time to rush today. No time to rush (thanks Tara Brach for that phrase).  My tendency is to have an agenda and have some place to go and things to see.  Instead, I stretched out on the bed and did some yoga moves and boiled some water for some oatmeal.  Walked my 63 steps to brush my teeth and happily walked back. I lounged with Caroline Myss’s Anatomy of the Spirit, a book I’ve shelved for years and felt like I read, but as I get older, I love re-visiting teachers and authors.

Knowing the pioneer that she is and how groundbreaking this book was at the time in 1996 I come to realize that certainly at that time I was too busy at The Sign of the Dove. Too busy on the verge of a new adventure to California that came from the closing of nine years at this cool place.  If I picked up a book like this at that time, I don't remember.  I was into other stuff at the time,  like moving and laying on top of my roof in my new found mountain top home in North Berkeley reading Do What You Love And The Money Will Follow and exploring the possibilities of continuing my education at that campus that I could see from my rooftop with it’s campanile concerts at noon and 6pm daily.  All I did was read and relax with my two kitties who came from the brick of Manhattan to their new treehouse in the sky. 

A few relationships later and a degree from UC Berkeley, I came across Caroline Myss’s book while dating Chris the yogi.  He was reading Sacred Contracts and again I was too busy in my mind with other things and in my heart with other spiritual practices and pursuing my massage certification and my this or that.  I had no real time for the message of intuitive healing, I guess.  I remember when I broke up with Chris, this book was one of those things that I had of his and loaded it up in a big shopping bag for the stuff exchange. I never cracked the book. 

It’s not as if I haven’t gotten it similar messages through other teachers and felt it in my soul. It’s not as if I haven’t honed my own intuitive skills through the years, but now as I read these pages I feel like I have circled back to the original source of this knowledge. 

Some quotes from her book that have reinforced my knowledge of intuitive healing:

“biography becomes our biology”

“Talking does not heal, taking actions heal.”

“Our relationship to our power is at the core of our health.”

“We are biological creations of divine design. Once this truth becomes a part of your conscious mind, you can never again live an ordinary life.”

“Again and again the sacred texts tell us that our life’s purpose is to understand and develop the power of the spirit, power that is vital to our mental and physical well-being.  Abusing this power depletes our spirit and siphons the life-force itself out of our physical bodies.”

Enough said.