Hike toward Honeymoon Bay


-->

There is a hiking trail from Caneel Bay straight into Cruz Bay.  I wandered along the trail past the secluded little Honeymoon Beach. It’s tiny and because it a about a 40 minute hike from town and it costs money to park at Caneel, I’m told it’s hardly ever crowded. The water was vivid, vibrant blue, and there was just one little shack to rent the gear you need. I made a mental note to come back someday with John.  No, not for a honeymoon, but for a full moon, or a perfect sunset.

I kept walking along this trail and dug into the silence and the fact that I was the only one on the trail. As I came closer to town and heard the music and the noise of this little Caribbean town, I realized how used to silence I have become. I go back to Manhattan tomorrow. Can you hear the grown in between the typos? @$#*&^)$$@!!