In route

-->
-->


When I venture out on a trip, I like to jot a few things down for the sake of my memory and I don’t begin when I land, I usually begin in the prep mode, because travel has that scurrying around factor that is part of the experience. 

One of my main goals of daily living is to completely stop rushing and to get to bed early.  Right.

I have rushed to airports before and had the feeling that I might miss the flight, and I have had that Zen ample time and feeling the sunlight as I walked in the terminal vs taking the moving walkway.  One thing that has never, ever happened is sleeping through my alarm and waking, for example, close to 7am for a flight at 8:10am.   

So much for my morning routine of getting on my yoga mat, having my sitting time with Simba with my decaf and orange, peeled slowly. So much for my casual walk to the F train and $5.50 air train ride to JFK.  So much for making my bed.

If not for my confident cab driver, Kahn, $67.00 and the fact that most everyone in Manhattan and Queens were still in bed, I would not be on this plane looking out the window above all the chaos of the waking streets below looking out at the vast blue and white sky. 

I can vow that I’ll never rush when I’m traveling or when I’m just living my life, but I would likely fail because never is a long time. I can see about using this trip as a path to a little self forgiveness, minimum of 8 hours sleep and a louder ringtone on my alarm.