Fly Bye

-->
Last day:

It sometimes takes getting away to a new place to go through a process of huge transformation or mini transformation or even no transformation. Instead, just thoroughly enjoying my own company and transforming back to good 'ol self is good enough. Always lessons learned though in travel. Especially when in camper lady mode. From metaphysics to insects.  I think of how bug eyed I was (literally) when a flying scary insect kept me up and freaked me out on my first night in camp land.


Here's the cool thing though. Last night I was sitting under the gazebo doing some writing in my little travel notebook and it started to rain really hard and the water was sprinkling my way, so I lifted my hoodie over my head and out jumped a little critter that was hanging inside my hood.  I brushed it off and it wasn’t until I finished writing the sentence that I was writing that I realized I was completely unaffected by it.  On top of that, earlier that day, I was walking under a tree and heard some movement above my head only to see a family of iguana’s climbing from one branch to another. I watched with awe, smiled, and simply walked on. I had even begun to miss the gecko that slept by my bed.  What happened to this non-camper lady between day one and my last day? Everything.

I naturally began to see what a privilege it is to share a beach and a national park with all walks and creatures of life.  We take the scary with the beautiful. Every morning I was visited by this little brown bird. I'd feed it some walnuts and it became my morning companion. I watched it closely and was grateful for my presence in it's forest.  I’m fortunate to love the solo travel thing and to have had peaceful solitary time as well as meeting some awesome travel warriors along the way --- and to get just a bit better at this thing called camping. 
On top of it all, I’m sitting here at the airport really early (unlike the drama of my departure), peaceful, more than on time to land back home to my man picking me up at JFK and my familiar and wonderful world above sea level. I'll miss Maho and the many unique pleasures it handed over. So, until next time.. if there is a Maho Camp next year, I'm there.